The Banking and Payments Authority (BPA) of Timor-Leste's Instruction N. 03-2009 defines the legal regime for the creation of a credit registry information system in the country for all commercial banks and other lending entities approved by the BPA that need to assess risk when granting credit. The purpose of the Credit Registry Information System (CRIS) is to provide participating entities with information relating to existing and prospective borrowers’ credit at other participating entities with the overall objective of improving the general quality of credit in Timor-Leste.
The instruction covers the following topics:
1. Scope & Purpose of the Instruction
2. Reporting of Information
3. The Manner & Conditions of Using the Information & Data of CRIS
4. Information On Existing Borrowers
5. Right to Request Credit Data
6. Implementation of the Credit Registry Information System