Law governing the commission of computer-related crimes / offenses, such as unlawful / illegal access of the computer system of another party. (unofficial translation)
- Chapter 1 Computer-Related Offences
- Chapter 2 Competent Officials
Excerpt, Chapter 1
- Section 5. Any person illegally accessing a computer system for which a specific access prevention measure that is not intended for their own use is available shall be subject to imprisonment for no longer than six months or a fine of not more than ten thousand baht or both.
- Section 6. If any person knowing of a measure to prevent access to a computer system specifically created by a third party illegally discloses that measure in a manner that is likely to cause damage to the third party, then they shall be subject to imprisonment for no longer than one year or a fine of not more than twenty thousand baht or both.
- Section 7. If any person illegally accesses computer data, for which there is a specific access prevention measure not intended for their own use available, then he or she shall be subject to imprisonment for no longer than two years or a fine of not more than forty thousand baht or both.
- Section 8. Any person who illegally commits any act by electronic means to eavesdrop a third party's computer data in process of being sent in a computer system and not intended for the public interest or general people's use shall be subject to imprisonment for no longer than three years or a fine of not more than sixty thousand baht or both.
Exceprt, Chapter 2
- Section 18. Within the power of Section 19 and for the benefit of an investigation, if there is reasonable cause to believe that there is the perpetration of an offence under this Act, then a relevant competent official shall have any of the following authorities only as necessary to identify a person who has committed an offence in order to: