The regulatory framework and instructions on foreign investment in India issued up to June 18, 2014 by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) have been consolidated in this Master Circular.
The document is split into two parts. The first part is on foreign investment, and covers the issues surrounding the following topics:
1. Foreign Direct Investment
2. Foreign Investments Under Portfolio Investment Scheme (PIS)
3. Foreign Venture Capital Investments
4. Other Foreign Investments
5. Reporting Guidelines for Foreign Investments in India
The second part of the master circular focuses on investment in partnership firm/proprietary concern, investments with repatriation benefits, investment by non-residents other than a non-resident Indians (NRIs) or a person of Indian origin (PIO), and restrictions for NRIs/PIOs.